Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
Yep, a damn shame it's still illegal. I don't even smoke the stuff anymore but still find the whole "drug" war on weed amazingly dumb.

Oh yeah, sucks about the Missile.

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
"Giove was later arrested at nearby Saratoga Lake, authorities said. A search of Canori's home turned up more than 150 pounds of pot and more than $1 million in cash stashed in a closet and the basement, the DEA said."

OUCH.. that hurts .

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
I am a big proponent of the legalization of drugs.

Does anyone have a clue way Missie would have resorted to dealing in pot? Was she unemployable and unable to work a regular job? Since they had a million dollars it seems like they may have been living pretty well for a while for that I am jealous.

Hopefully they will legalize dealing in pot pretty soon and she will be out in no time. I wonder how much money they may have stashed somewhere else that they can get their hands on later, maybe another couple million.

Has the price of pot gone up in New York after they got busted?

Didn't her mom go to a lot of her races? She seemed like a pretty cool mom.

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
traildoc said:

Does anyone have a clue way Missie would have resorted to dealing in pot? Was she unemployable and unable to work a regular job? Since they had a million dollars it seems like they may have been living pretty well for a while for that I am jealous.

Hopefully they will legalize dealing in pot pretty soon and she will be out in no time. I wonder how much money they may have stashed somewhere else that they can get their hands on later, maybe another couple million.

Missy could face up to 40 years for a naturally growing herb. . . Stallworth get's 30 days or whatever for being drunk and rich for killing someone.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Truckee Trash said:
Missy could face up to 40 years for a naturally growing herb. . . Stallworth get's 30 days or whatever for being drunk and rich for killing someone.
Trash:

Has she ever been busted before? Seems like she will get off and just do some public service if this was the first bust. Is 400 lbs. considered to be a large or small amount?

TD

Attachments

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
traildoc said:
Was she unemployable and unable to work a regular job?
Sounds like she was employed. Too bad what she was doing is ILLEGAL. Spin it any way you want, it comes out the same.

400 LBS is hardly a personal stash.

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
400lbs is enough to get the courts attention.. she will go down...

IMHO.. allow every property owner to grow a personal stash and you cut out the criminal element of the drug trade. Pot is no worse than beer, regulate it the same.

now, where is my crack pipe :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
traildoc said:

I also think that Marijuana should be legal. No, I don't smoke it but I've known many accomplished people who do or did.

This incident is a complete abuse of the force of law. Only an idiot would think that we're safer or better off because of her arrest.

I wonder if running drugs isn't a very tempting activity for a risk taker. I remember that the prominent owner of a Boise area rafting company (a very nice person) was arrested in Utah for running drugs as well. He was also very discreet -- many of his closest friends had no idea that he was involved.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
azjeff said:
Sounds like she was employed. Too bad what she was doing is ILLEGAL. Spin it any way you want, it comes out the same.

400 LBS is hardly a personal stash.
az:

Since over 50% of the people I ride with are people who indulge in a possible illegal activity during our rides should I be concerned about being associated with them during a ride. I have never felt exposed to arrest previously, should I be concerned now that Missy has been arrested?

Has the price of pot gone up since the bust?

TD

Attachments

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
traildoc said:

Doc:

Working 40 hours a week is for the birds. I applaud her for being able to think outside the box.

·
Bikes, Beer, and Sex
221 Posts
AKA Monkeybutt said:
Sheriff Joe probably has a spare cell for you too. :D

Being serious for a sec, what a way to ruin a successful life.
screw sheirff joe, his fat asss couldn't catch me if he tried. but yeah seriously sucks for her, maybe the economy had something to do with it.

G

·
AKA Monkeybutt said:
Being serious for a sec, what a way to ruin a successful life.
Drug dealing does not a successful life make. Ask anyone with a young teenager that smokes up or deals to other children if they think their child is on the path to success and tell me what they have to say. Don't give me this "drug dealer with a heart of gold" speech.

Hey, if adults want to indulge and shmoke up without having to drive or have any potential negative interactions with other innocents then I'm all for it. It's not my thing having lost many friends to "wake and bake" attitude, but like alcohol it can be made safe.

A drug dealer is a drug dealer. They will sell to old and young as long as they can pay the piper. 200 lbs is not for personal use...lock them away, seize their assets, seize their illegally gained $ and use the money to pay for their incarceration instead of using tax payer's money.

With all of this said, she was very impressive to watch on the bike.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
NardoSS said:
Drug dealing does not a successful life make. Ask anyone with a young teenager that smokes up or deals to other children if they think their child is on the path to success and tell me what they have to say. Don't give me this "drug dealer with a heart of gold" speech.

Hey, if adults want to indulge and shmoke up without having to drive or have any potential negative interactions with other innocents then I'm all for it. It's not my thing having lost many friends to "wake and bake" attitude, but like alcohol it can be made safe.

A drug dealer is a drug dealer. They will sell to old and young as long as they can pay the piper. 200 lbs is not for personal use...lock them away, seize their assets, seize their illegally gained $ and use the money to pay for their incarceration instead of using tax payer's money.

With all of this said, she was very impressive to watch on the bike.
200 pounds isn't alot. That can be accomplished with 40 plants outdoors. That isn't a large operation by any means. You can legally do that in Santa Cruz County because they have no limit on what you can grow under prop 215. Her only fault was doing this New York.

Not everybody involved with growing or the distribution of pot is a criminal, or associated with the such. That element does exist, but it is not fair to sterotype everybody into that category.

http://www.safeaccessnow.net/countyguidelines.htm

·
Sup?
639 Posts
NardoSS said:
It's not my thing having lost many friends to "wake and bake" attitude, but like alcohol it can be made safe..
Too true.. had several friends in H.S. with a *ton* of potential.. talented athletes, smart.. it all kinda went 'up in smoke' literally. Never really did much for me other than put me to sleep. The friends in HS I had who were more heavily into it definitely lacked 'motorvation'. As adults.. I dont really care one way or another

1 - 20 of 209 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.