·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case people are asking you what you want for Christmas. :D

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
I want the spoon. Been using an MSR ti spoon for backpacking for years.

I love my ti spoon, ya know.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Duckman said:
I want the spoon. Been using an MSR ti spoon for backpacking for years.

I love my ti spoon, ya know.
Yes ! I never go camping without my MSR titanium fork and spoon. Also have a Snowpeak titanium cookset and mug.

Also got a super lightweight pack, Goretex paclight jacket, Sportiva Trango S boots, carbon fibre ice tools, titanium ice screws, half ropes and dyneema slings. :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Titanium cutlery is the silliest thing ever when plastic does just as good a job at a fraction of the weight and cost.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
let me guess you drive around in your toyota corolla and shake your head at the people driving escalades with 20in rims? They do the job at a fraction the weight and cost and 3x the milage

Bling Bling!

·
Registered
139 Posts
No I don't own a Corolla, but this is weight weenies, not bling weenies, and ti cutlery is always touted as wonderfully light!

What is an Escalade anyway?

·
Registered
732 Posts
chris m said:
Titanium cutlery is the silliest thing ever when plastic does just as good a job at a fraction of the weight and cost.
That's true for most cases but plastic also becomes brittle at cold temperatures. I'll stick to my titanium cutlery when I'm doing my alpine climbs or winter camping trips. One less thing to worry about. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts