Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Calm like a Bomb
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am 5'6" and according to Giants sizing should be on a small which is 5'3" to 5'7". I rode the small with a 70mm stem and it was ok cockpit wise but major toe overlap

I rode the medium which had an 80mm stem and cockpit was a tad stretched but no toe overlap. So Should I forget about giants sizing and go for the larger 29" Its my first 29" so not sure if its better to be smaller or larger

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
stunzeed said:
So I am 5'6" and according to Giants sizing should be on a small which is 5'3" to 5'7". I rode the small with a 70mm stem and it was ok cockpit wise but major toe overlap

I rode the medium which had an 80mm stem and cockpit was a tad stretched but no toe overlap. So Should I forget about giants sizing and go for the larger 29" Its my first 29" so not sure if its better to be smaller or larger
Go for the proper fit and learn to deal with toe overlap. Can be as simple as moving your foot back on the pedals.

I will buzz the tire occasionally, even on my 26er. Never caused a serious problem.

·
Calm like a Bomb
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PittsburghRider said:
I have the Giant XTC and am 5'6 1/2". I have always found that I am right at line for small or medium bikes. I went with the medium and have not had any issues.
are you running the stock 80mm stem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts