Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lookin' to see some modded XTC 29er 1's and weights...

I've seen very few on the boards, hoping there's more out there! Pics please!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Love that front fork, the 1X9 setup and the low weight! Curious what wheelset you are running? It does not look like you can get much more weight off of the bike

·
Registered
381 Posts
The wheelset is ZTR hubs with 355 rims laced with DT Revs/alloy, except the drive side rear, where I used DT Comps. I have used revs all round and had issues with rear wheel flex under load. The comps seem to have fixed that, with only a small weight penalty. The wheelset is 1540g with tape and valves, and rides really nicely.

I could save weight with cranks, pedals and tyres (amongst other bits), but it's not a WW show bike - this thing gets raced and ridden often. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Neat improvements :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the Alliance version in single speed format.

·
talentless hack
120 Posts
Final step done today (brakes bled). 24lb6oz. Not super weight weenie but not bad for a bike this big. It's still not "done" but at least it's rideable.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
AKA Dr.Nob
887 Posts
I've had this for a couple of months but only just got the wheels on it. And then broke 2 fingers so I can't ride:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I saw a frameset and fork on ebay.... I think you buy the XTC Alliance (Alu/carbon) as a frameset only.

·
Howell, MI
191 Posts
ADDam said:
Just lookin' to see some modded XTC 29er 1's and weights...

I've seen very few on the boards, hoping there's more out there! Pics please!
I subscribed to this thread but was hoping to see more replies. Post up some more pics everyone!

1 - 20 of 384 Posts