Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just wanted some confirmation regarding the front and rear shocks. I am looking at a Fox Float R pro pedal (medium pro pedal setting) 7.5(190mm) 2"(50mm)Shock and a Rockshox Psylo U turn 80 to 125mm front fork. 1,1/8" by 210mm steer tube length...Do you think these would be ok??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so I got the bike in the post, measured the components on said bike and ordered the above parts. The forks were cheap, so if I don't like them, i will look for something else. Interestingly the rear shock is not the usual spring shock, but a Giant MDU which looks similar to a float style shock. Still pants though. Looking forward to getting the Fox float on the back!

So for fun I took it out for a blast in the mountains today, on road tyres and shitty shocks, much to my surprise the frame was very stiff and was easier than I thought it would be to pedal up hills. So thumbs up for the frame the rest is going in the bin lol. Good job I didn't pay feck all for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got back from the gym and me front forks had arrived..Well chuffed. I have to say apart from some paint missing on the bottom left leg, where a sticker had been removed. They are in good order, smooth action, the oil looked clear (i will replace it anyway) and all the dials worked. Excellent. So i went straight outside and put them on my bike. Feels **** loads better!

Next is the Fox Float R rear shock, BB and Cane Creek Duo wheels complete with tyres and Discs. They should all arrive this week. Then upgrade the brakes to hydraulics change the running gear to either SLX or Deore XT (not going mad on those part's) seat , seat post, Stem, bars and the job's a good one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts