Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im riding a tracer now with a AVA propedal. Want more travel and the VT frame set with manitou swinger 3 is affordable. I'm 180 something if that matters. Comments...oh and thanks..

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
jrm said:
im riding a tracer now with a AVA propedal. Want more travel and the VT frame set with manitou swinger 3 is affordable. I'm 180 something if that matters. Comments...oh and thanks..
The VT is a pretty mushy suspension design that is only saved from bobbing by the platform rear shock. But it still squats heaps and hangs quite low in the back when climbing.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Azonic Saber?

jrm said:
Didn't you used to ride an Azonic Saber? It's a classic Horst link which would have subtly better pedaling and braking than a monopivot VT with the same travel. With a platform coil it would be like a big hit Tracer. The list is $1300 for the frame and shock, adjustable 5 - 6 inch travel.

The VT should be pretty good with a Swinger shock, especially if you like firmer damping.

You might look for a test ride on a Marin Wolf Ridge, very advanced suspension design for longer travel XC and lighter freeride, light, stout, no bob seated pedaling without platform damping compromises, and no pedal kickback, adjustable 4 - 6 inch quick release adjustable travel, nice component packages.

- ray

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i thought

Dougal said:
The VT is a pretty mushy suspension design that is only saved from bobbing by the platform rear shock. But it still squats heaps and hangs quite low in the back when climbing.
i had an AC and it was the same way...

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i was on a blur..

derby said:
Didn't you used to ride an Azonic Saber? It's a classic Horst link which would have subtly better pedaling and braking than a monopivot VT with the same travel. With a platform coil it would be like a big hit Tracer. The list is $1300 for the frame and shock, adjustable 5 - 6 inch travel.

The VT should be pretty good with a Swinger shock, especially if you like firmer damping.

You might look for a test ride on a Marin Wolf Ridge, very advanced suspension design for longer travel XC and lighter freeride, light, stout, no bob seated pedaling without platform damping compromises, and no pedal kickback, adjustable 4 - 6 inch quick release adjustable travel, nice component packages.

- ray
ill be damned if an quasi-lite or SB isnt looking real good right now..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts