Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to my LBS today to test ride a WSD Trance. They are offering to sell it as they used it as a demo bike. It has been ridden twice on trails. Need any info. you all could give me. I am at the stage where I am going to test ride WSDs and reg. FS bikes. Going to also tryout Kona and maybe if I can find one around here a Santa Cruz Juliana. My heart and set more to Santa Cruz. But my wallet is not up to the challenge unless it is a killer deal. Can't hurt to test ride it though. There is a LBS that sells titus but they are really expensive.But might ride one to see what I might be missing.
Thanks for any info./insight you all could lend. Just FYI looking at WSD cause I am vertically challenged and ride a WSD road bike and it fits like a glove. (I know road bike:eekster: ) Have to get rid of 10lbs of postbabyfat.

Kat

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a non WSD trance and absolutely love it. I've used it for everything from rail trails to XC races without a single problem. The only thing I would suggest if you get one is the switch out the chain right away. They come with a shimano and the sram ones are much more hardy. Another young lady I know owns the WSD and she loves hers as well. I just couldn't get past the mint green color. She also was interested in a Juliana, but after she rode the Trance, she went with it and saved money to boot. Trance's are just a great ride....go for it. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also ride a non wsd 2005 Trance 1, size 14.5 inches. I love, love, love the bike and it fits me well. I am 5.2 with a 29" inseam. The only problem I have with the bike is keeping the front end down when climbing steeps, but I could fix that by removing some spacers on the steering tube. I didn't want to cut the steering tube because I am replacing the bike with the Fuel I won from Trek and need to sell the Trance. Giant makes really good bikes at a lower pricepoint. The frame on the Trance is a little heavier than some of the others out there but mine still comes in at under 28 pounds. Again, it is the Trance 1 with top of the line components. It is for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply

My LBS is letting me take it home for the week! Really great news. The bummer is I threw out my back!:madman: I am hoping to ride it around once my back chills out. I am so mad. The bike looks good. And it appears that it fits well. So all I have left to do is ride it and see if I like what it can do. I am still going to test ride another bike just so I have something to compare it to. Maybe a Kona or specialized.

Again thank you,
Kat

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Kat I hear you on the back thing! I had a nasty endo two weeks ago that kept me off the bike right before I picked up my new Fuel. Then, a week later (Thursday) I got in a car accident- lady ran a stop sign into my drivers side door. Now I am sitting on my couch with ice packs every two hours. I commiserate with you!!! Hope you can get some decent test rides on the bike. BTW if you get the Trance, you can make a little mud fender out of a piece of two liter bottle and screw it to the underside water bottle mount. It will help protect the rear shock where the frame opens at the bottom bracket. If you need a picture let me know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still coping with the back pain. Need to rest it but have a hard time doing that. I have 4yr old and a 4 month old. I would like to see that pic. I hope you heal up soon!

Kat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.