Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Giant Trance SX-anyone ridden one?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  mtbxplorer 
#1 ·
Hi there

i am deciding between the 2015 women's Giant Intrigue or a 2014 Giant Trance SX. Has anyone had any experience with either of these?

#4 ·
I have the Intrigue 2, the nice one. Never demo'd a Trance, but I demo'd this bike in two different versions: one stock off the demo van, and one fairly customized for our local Liv ambassador. The customized one had a Pike 160 for a shock, wider bars, 1x10 with a wolf ring, shorter stem. Jaime races hers DH with that set up.
Me? Not a DH rider, strictly a techy XC rider who likes rollable drops.

For mine, it's stock except for some anodized bling and a wider bar, short stem.

Anyway, I love the way this bike feels. I wasn't seeking a wsd bike specifically, but once I tried it I went no further. (I try not to over think purchases) The balance point is really different from any other bike I've ever ridden. It's hard to describe except that if I'm out of the saddle, I feel much more balanced than I have ever felt on any bike before. Maybe a little more forward by bike geometry? This bike is really fun to ride it's smooth, quiet, and what I would call "plush" feeling. It wants to catch air, lol.

DH says I'm faster, not sure if that's the carbon wheels or the 27.5". :thumbsup:

I don't love the way the new shocks are all "climb-trail-descend". It takes away some of the fine tuning, but it does make it easier to set and forget. This feature seems pretty universal these days, not Giant/liv specific

#8 ·
I don't love the way the new shocks are all "climb-trail-descend". It takes away some of the fine tuning, but it does make it easier to set and forget. This feature seems pretty universal these days, not Giant/liv specific
"Set and forget" like "dang, that was a rough ride...oh yeah, I forgot to set my fork/shock back to 'descend'"? I do that alla time.

gabrielle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.