·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Giant Trance 27.5'' 2018 - Linkage Design
Theres the trance. Its a fairly neutral pedaler. Ive had a few giants and they perform well. I test rode the new one and enjoyed it overall. Its a good bike. The seat tube is a little on the slack side, but its not bad. I could never properly explain the feel, but its weird in the air and when popping off lips. I believe the virtual pivot cause this feel from the wheel not moving in a clean sweep. Its not bad or unmanageable, its just weird.

S. Stumpjumper 27.5" 2019 - Linkage Design
The stumpy. Its still sort of a mushy pedaler. I personally never enjoyed FSR, its a mushy platform that I don't enjoy. I never liked specialized bikes, its interesting seeing the graphs explain basically what I felt about them. They're just mushy bikes.

I would look at a few more bikes, but between those two I would absolutely pick the trance. I think for the same price you can get a better pedaling bike than either of those for a comparable price. Id check out a rallon.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Given the budget of the 2 bikes listed the Rallon is double the price. For more pedaling friendly definitely the Trance over the Stumpy in this pricepoint level.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
I didnt realize they got that expensive!

But either way, thats a fun site with a lot of helpful information. If you just start randomly plugging in all sorts of bikes, you'll quickly see that nearly anything on the market pedals better than a stumpjumper. Its not competitive. Its 2019, smooshing your suspension at 85% A/S is a hard sell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.