Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Firstly, i'm new on here so, hello everyone!

I'm looking at buying the new Giant Trance 27.5 2, and have a few questions, if anyone could help, great.

I know the steerer tube is not the norm, making it hard to track down/fit a new stem. (can anyone shed any light on this?)

Also - I would look at upgrading the fork to maybe a RockShox Revelation, do they do this fork to fit?

Lastly - Is there the possibility of internal cable routing, for a Stealth dropper post?

Thanks everyone in advance, for any help.

mtb_AIDY

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
I don't have one, but I'm also looking at the Trance 27.5, so,
- stem - yes, the OD2 steerer is unique, so it would be best if you get the bike shop to change the stem at the time of purchase if you need a different length.
- fork - I dunno about Revelation, but some other Trance 27.5 models come with a Sektor fork. Or, you can get a reducer upper headset to convert the OD2 to 1-1/8", and run a standard tapered fork and stem.
- stealth - some other Trance models come with a stealth dropper post, so, yes.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Buddy of mine just equipped his Trance with the RS Rev, so the answer must be yes. Unfortunately I just don't know the details.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Warranty Issues?

Better check with your shop to see if any of these changes void the warranty in case the warranty is something you are concerned with. From a practical point of view I don't see a problem but the manufacturer might think differently.

I've had an old Trance 26" with 4.2" travel and a 130mm Revelation for years and have had no problems but a warranty, or lack of one, never crossed my mind when I did the build.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts