Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now had my Trance 27.5 for 12 months.
So I put some of my thoughts into a long term test video.

I've kept mine 100% stock at this point. Unusual I know ha ha.

Would love to hear any thoughts on your Trance ownership.
What you liked?
What changes you needed to make it perfect?

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

I'd been interested in a Trance 27.5 for a while, some shops here in the States have very good deals. But I started to think I wanted a 29'er, particularly after riding a Ripley LS, really a nice bike in every respect - though spendy.

The only thing missing from your video review (that I would have found useful) would be comparisons to other bikes you've owned or at least ridden. How is the Trance better/more enjoyable, etc?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

The only thing missing from your video review (that I would have found useful) would be comparisons to other bikes you've owned or at least ridden. How is the Trance better/more enjoyable, etc?
Hi overmyhead
Unfortunately I can't give detailed comparison to other bikes as I only really ever did small test rides during the purchase process. I have never ridden any other trail bike long term.
I was riding 29er XC bikes which are very different to this. My Scott Scale hardtail being a great climber, though no major difference in real world times. However this Trance is in a different league once pointed down.

I did also ride a Kona Process 29er, but liked the more nimble feeling of the 27.5 trail bikes.

Most of the other bikes I tried had similar geometry, but I did like the very supple feeling rear suspension of the Trance.

With other bikes also being so similar it was also other factors which swayed me in the end.
Price!
Solid reputation for warranty support if needed.
Lifetime frame warranty
And I had had a great experience buying a giant road bike a couple of years before.

The one thing I would now like to do though is take a Trance 29er for a ride, I've only heard great things about them. They released it only a month or so after I pulled the trigger on this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
With other bikes also being so similar it was also other factors which swayed me in the end.
Price!
Solid reputation for warranty support if needed.
Lifetime frame warranty
And I had had a great experience buying a giant road bike a couple of years before.

The one thing I would now like to do though is take a Trance 29er for a ride, I've only heard great things about them. They released it only a month or so after I pulled the trigger on this.
Thanks, these are all important factors! I'd been considering an Advanced 2 and Giant's warranty on the carbon frame & wheels is compelling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.