Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am overwhelmed and can't decide. This will be my first mtn bike. I want something that gives me the most bang for the buck.

Cheapest possible prices with the best components possible.

I was set on the DB Sync'r hardtail or the DB release 1, but now considering the Giant bikes, how do they compare?

I will mostly be riding around gravel road with my family to start with and take it to the trails occasionally. I want something fun, light and nimble.

I am 6 feet and will need a large frame and found that I feel most comfortable in a 27.5

I test rode in the parking lot these bikes.
Trek marlin - did not care
Marin - did not care
Salsa - I liked it ( felt nimble)
Canondale (rei) - liked it
Specialized stumpjumper - really liked it.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
judging by your initial post I recommend you getting the Stumpjumper.

I wouldn't focus so much on components but rather judge the complete package as it is - what's the use for a bike that has good components on paper but rides like ****?

The 2020 Giant Stance 1 has much better value than the slightly cheaper Stance 2 but they come with 29" wheels and a full suspension bike is overkill for recreational riding. Your preferences will change anyway overtime so it isn't recommended to drop too much money on your first bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.