Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies.
That's a good point regarding the hydraulic brakes. I didn't know the difference until you just prompted me to watch a video comparing the two kinds.

I wonder what else is different between them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had a GT Aggressor Comp 2018. The 2019 is a little better but not that much of an upgrade. An okay bike for light trail and urban riding but something you will outgrow if you decide to do more heavier riding. The Giant has better components and better suspension fork. The GT's fork does not have a lockout feature and only has 80mm travel. The Giant's, though also a cheap coiled-spring fork has a lockout and 100mm travel. You will appreciate the lockout on uphill climbing.

The 2019 GT Aggressor Comp uses crappy Shimano Tourney derailleurs, at least the 2018 had an Altus rear derailleur.

The Giant has better tires and internal cable routing which would be ideal if you decide to put a dropper post in later on. Hydraulic brakes and a nice big 180 rotor up front.

I was in the same position earlier last year and I should have gotten the Talon 3 over the GT Aggressor but I only paid $300 for my Aggressor Comp which I quickly out grew and now belongs to my GF for urban riding.

The headset on the GT Aggressor is something to be desired. It's pretty cheap, plastic parts along with caged bearings. I upgraded it to an FSA Orbit MX and it was night and day improvement.

If you're not in a rush, the 2020 models are already out for special order (and in stock in Canada) at the same price. You can try bargaining the 2019 model or get the newer one.

Personally, I would spend the extra on the Talon2 over the 3 but that's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.