Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying one of the 3 bikes in the title. All new and all are the same price (already sourced sellers for each)

Which should I buy?????

The Jamis seems to have the nicest components (rock shoxs etc...) but I'm a newbie :) so please enlighten me.

I have tried all three but my limited time on them didnt allow for me to find any major differences.

I'm going to be doing some basic trail riding and off road. I took a break from riding a few years back and now want to get back into it with a 29er.

Any feedback or recommendations would be very much appreciated.
At the moment Im leaning for the Jamis because of the components but I like the Giant frame best... but the Hardrock is nice too! :) I'm confused as you can see :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Talon is very nice. I'm surprised your not comparing the hardrock to the talon 2. That being said the tora on the jamis is a better shock. However the suntour on the talon is custom for giant and isnt that bad, better than a lot of the other low end suntours. I have a big friend (245 lbs) who owns the talon 1 and he loves it. Just competed in a duathalon with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thanks for the feedback..

I ended up ruling out the specialized due to the geometry. I'm a rather short fellow (5'6") and the standover height on the specialized 29er's is lets just say less than ideal :)

thats the reason why I ruled out the cannondale and various other models.

Anyhow, I finally took the plunge and bought the Talon last night :))))))

I'm very happy! mind you, I woke up to rain this morning and the forecast is calling for rain all weekend!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like you made a good choice. I'm not that tall and I think the standover height on the giant talon is very comfortable compared to most other frames of similar sizes. Too bad about the rain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts