Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ridden/owned a giant stp1? I am a 14 year old freerider who rides a specializedhard rocksport but iwant to buy one of these by the end of the year.
I bent the bottom bracket spindle on the hr hitting a gap at a local riding spot,and i want to know how much abuse the stp1 can handle. Ive seen one at the bike shop an fell in love with it.

If i get a good report card my parents are buying it for me......hell yeah!

·
Registered
270 Posts
stp1 said:
Has anyone ridden/owned a giant stp1? I am a 14 year old freerider who rides a specializedhard rocksport but iwant to buy one of these by the end of the year.
I bent the bottom bracket spindle on the hr hitting a gap at a local riding spot,and i want to know how much abuse the stp1 can handle. Ive seen one at the bike shop an fell in love with it.

If i get a good report card my parents are buying it for me......hell yeah!
I have looked into that ride myself. Just like all GIANT bicycles, including the STP1, you get a GREAT parts spec on their complete bikes for the money.
They are great in warranty (if in the event you ever need it) and are going to be around for a while.
A real decent bike for the money. I'd say STUDY HARD and get the sucka! ;)

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
STP's

Hi, I have had mine for about a month and a half now. I love it. It is tough, ive been doing some medium drops (4-5) with no indication of even flexing too terribly much. It is really stiff in the rear and accellerate instantly and carriers speed unbelieveably well. The Drop offs take a while to break in, they are just getting good now. The avids matc really well and I can nose wheelie with one finger if done right. The only complaint i have is very minor in the tires. The K-rads are great for urban/dj but I like to trail ride with mine because it is super easyto throw around, I switched to knobbies so I coud go in the bush too. Oh one other thing...the rear Derailleur slaps against the chain stay, put something there asap. some foam or something to protect all parties. Definately no regrets on buying it. Good spec. awesome frame, awesome customer service and warranty...oh, the pedals suck pretty bad, wore the nubs off in about a week. spend thee extra 30 bucks and get some pedals with replacable pins and a better shape. Good luck, wen you get post it over in the giant forum!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I am educated I swear!

I just read what I wrote. Good God. I am educated I swear, that is shameful. My students would love to see that one. USE SPELL CHECK!
canada17 said:
Hi, I have had mine for about a month and a half now. I love it. It is tough, ive been doing some medium drops (4-5) with no indication of even flexing too terribly much. It is really stiff in the rear and accellerate instantly and carriers speed unbelieveably well. The Drop offs take a while to break in, they are just getting good now. The avids matc really well and I can nose wheelie with one finger if done right. The only complaint i have is very minor in the tires. The K-rads are great for urban/dj but I like to trail ride with mine because it is super easyto throw around, I switched to knobbies so I coud go in the bush too. Oh one other thing...the rear Derailleur slaps against the chain stay, put something there asap. some foam or something to protect all parties. Definately no regrets on buying it. Good spec. awesome frame, awesome customer service and warranty...oh, the pedals suck pretty bad, wore the nubs off in about a week. spend thee extra 30 bucks and get some pedals with replacable pins and a better shape. Good luck, wen you get post it over in the giant forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts