Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone ---

new to the forums, and have a question that i couldn't find using the search.

does anyone know if the giant STP frame will accommodate an 8" rotor? the 8 will fit the front, and a 6 will definitely fit the rear -- but not sure about an 8 on the rear.

thanks!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
BJ- said:
there called adapters, tell your stupid questions to your LBS next time.
Be nice. Not all frames have enough clearance for the 8 inch rotor. And not all disc tabs are strong enough for the increased forces generated by the larger rotor.

I believe the STP is fine for 8 inch rotors.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
BJ- said:
there called adapters, tell your stupid questions to your LBS next time.
wow your an a$$, all he as doing was asking a question and being polite, and you start smashing him.you didnt even understand what he was asking either :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the 8" rotor will fit your frame fine..if you dont mind me asking though.. something wrong with the 6 inch rotor? or are you just building one and want to go strait to the goods lol :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KevinM[Freerider] said:
the 8" rotor will fit your frame fine..if you dont mind me asking though.. something wrong with the 6 inch rotor? or are you just building one and want to go strait to the goods lol :p
thx for the responses everyone :)

it doesn't even have a 6". its an STP2 (same frame as STP1), but comes with v-brakes.

the stock vbrakes aren't bad for what they are... except when the bike went thru a lot of water on some rides (a beach, even), and the brakes obviously don't work well after that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts