Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm learning them now

I'm learning manuals now and can over wheelie fairly easily just from leaning back and pulling. I have a medium also, but I'm 6'1'' 200# and I changed my stem to a shorter one (40mm). It made the steering real quick. I think it's better for riding thin stuff, drops, downhill, wheelies, etc and I like the more upright ride position.

The medium would probably fit you alright. Haro's run big in their sizes. If your going to be doing primarily urban stunts than a hard tail would be better. If riding a mix, definitely the Haro.

I ride a mix of trail, freeride and urban, as well as some downhill thrown in when I'm near bigger hills. (none nearby). The Haro's not so heavy that you can't take it on long trail rides but it's strong enough to handle 6' to flat concrete drops. The full suspension is great, especially on downhill. The Haro is perfect for me.

Test em both if you can. I think your getting a lot of bike with the Haro, especially an '05 at that price. How used could an '05 be? Heck at those prices buy both!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a stp1 and love the bike, but the stp3 does not share the same frame as the 2 and 1 and the component spec is low, so even if you do get it, it will not be the best canidate for upgrades. At that dollar range i would find a decent used bike, i dont know specifics on the other bike mentioned but it seems unanomous it>stp3. either way have fun with whatever you get :)

mntl-

·
Renegade of Krunk
603 Posts
LS1 Brent said:
Would the X2 be pretty easy to do manuals on? I'm 5'10" and it's a size medium.
Someone has or had a quote in their sig that summed it up. It was something like "There is no instant secret to manuals, if there were everyone would be riding around one wheel and such."

You just have to practice, yeah some bikes are easier then others but you aren't going to manual 50 feet the first time you try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.