Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Reigns make great do-it-all bikes. I believe the X1 is the more burly reign with bashguard/rear coil.

My wife rides one and she uses it for more technical trail rides (w/less climbing, ie porc. rim etc) and also lift assisted stuff. She rode it for 2 weeks up at whistler, and while she doesn't go huge it was more than enough for all the stunts she did.

The other great thing about them is with coil suspension front and rear, burly cranks etc, her bike weighs in @36lbs. It's still light enough to manage but the parts spec is reliable enough that I don't have to worry about anything breaking.

I think go-ride has some killer deals on them right now. That's where we picked up hers. I've ridden alot of great do-it-all bikes, and after crusing around on hers a bit I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal on a bike of that caliber.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. I don't really do any "stunts" i am just looking for a fast bike thats not super heavy so that might weigh a little much for me. I ride on the east coast so I am looking for something good for rooty trails as well as climbing! i am very open to suggestions

·
Registered
875 Posts
LilLiz said:
Thank you for your reply. I don't really do any "stunts" i am just looking for a fast bike thats not super heavy so that might weigh a little much for me. I ride on the east coast so I am looking for something good for rooty trails as well as climbing! i am very open to suggestions
Might want to post this in the All Mountain forum instead the Freeride/Downhill area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.