Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a giant reign and i was wondering about the sizing. I am 5.10 about 200 pounds, inseam 31-32ish. I was wondering between the medium and the large which would be a better size choice for me.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Medium should be ok for you, what kind of riding do you intend to do? Can't you go test it at your LBS.

I ride a medium reign x, I'm 6'1 and about 190lbs, inseam about 33ish.
The bike is probably a bit on the small side for me but since I intend to do more downhill/technical stuff it is fine. The only downside to a smaller frame for me is its a bit harder on long rides/climbs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
At 5"10" 170# - medium works fine. Large will be a bit heavier and slower on tight turns, but a longer wheel base if your doing steep.

·
Registered
35 Posts
5' 10" 195# went w large (i also have pretty long arms). Med felt really small to me and LBS insisted that if i plan to pedal a lot i needed the LG. Giant rep agreed with them. I have no complaints .

·
Registered
13 Posts
BMX background = yes. I am intending on using the Reign X for All-Mountain riding. I am currently riding a medium Bottlerocket with a Totem that I will switching over to the RX. I do feel that the BR is a little on the small side for some of the riding I do, but a blast as I can just hop over anything in the way..... (I rode BMX for 5 years before going 26) I can't seem to ride the BR for more than 2 hours as it just becomes too uncomfortable and too much of a chore... Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
359 Posts
5' 10" 195# went w large (i also have pretty long arms). Med felt really small to me and LBS insisted that if i plan to pedal a lot i needed the LG. Giant rep agreed with them. I have no complaints .
same exact here. I felt the med reign was too small, and I'm exactly the same size as you- 5'10" and 195 (okay, 200), but with 'I need to custom order dress shirts' long arms. I am definitely happy I went with the L.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. Please gime me an advice... I am buying a 2012 reign 2. I am around 6.3 (191 cm), 180lbs (82 kg) and can not decide xl or l. I want to ride allmountain, some dh and some xc tours. Tryed both on dh and the l feels of course more comfortable on jumps...but haven't been on a longer tour. Would appreciate some advice...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice pics! Did you cut the seat? It looks so low... Can you pull it out enough on xc tours or is it a problem with your height?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks.

The seat is not pushed all the way down in that pic. In fact, that is the one gripe I have with the bike. Being tall, I have to extend the post pretty high for pedalling but then it doesn't go down enough for the steeps around here because of the bent seat tube. Right now the post is not deep enough into the frame when climbing really. The fix is a dropper post. Which I want ayways. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts