Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FeeRideRules
217 Posts
well being a Glory FR1 owner all I can say is they do what they do extremely well
very nice plush bikes to ride the compression & rebound of the front end needs to be adjusted to suit the individual rider.
while they're a FR bike don't expect to be able to ride up steep hills unless you're super fit
as they're a tad heavy but when you do get to the top of the hills the weight makes it awesome to bomb back down, you don't even notice the weight & the suspension just soaks up the bumps

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You are describing the older Glory FR. New '10 Glory only comes as a DH frame and is uber light. I basically trail ride mine at 37 lbs with a totem, Gravity Dropper, and Hammerschmidt. Many people build them even lighter as single ring DH bikes. I think it makes a great 8" travel jump bike as it pops awesome, but I do think the last inch of travel is a bit easier to get to than might be ideal for a FR bike. That said, the RC4 shock has a strong bottom out adjustment that could solve this easy enough.

·
FeeRideRules
217 Posts
phatfreeheeler said:
You are describing the older Glory FR. New '10 Glory only comes as a DH frame and is uber light. I basically trail ride mine at 37 lbs with a totem, Gravity Dropper, and Hammerschmidt. Many people build them even lighter as single ring DH bikes. I think it makes a great 8" travel jump bike as it pops awesome, but I do think the last inch of travel is a bit easier to get to than might be ideal for a FR bike. That said, the RC4 shock has a strong bottom out adjustment that could solve this easy enough.
yeah I know I'm describing the '08 model as that's what I ride
OP never said anything about whether they wanted to know about the '10 model or the older models
I just answered him the best I could about the Glory being a FR

JTK37 said:
Yeah I'm thinking more of an 08/09, maybe trying to pick one up used. Seem to be some decent setups on ebay latetly
mine is the '08 FR1 comp

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just to add my 2cents, I own a 09 model. It has been a great bike. I acutally swapped out the 66 and put my Fox 40 on there. I figured that I was used to having a DC, so why not put it on the new bike. So if anyone wants a never used 66, let me know haha. But I have been on it for a year or two and I have been nothing but happy. As mentioned before, weight is a tad of a problem. Not so much going down, but when you have to pedal up, you will feel it. Let me stress again that you wont feel a ounce of it bombing down. The frame is built really strong which is a bonus. My bike has been upside down and sideways on the ground more times then I can remember and all I have to do is pick it up and jump back on. The only thing I have switched out besides the fork, was grips/handlebars/brakes/tires. I have thought about putting a new crankset on there, maybe going from dual ring to single. Overall, great bike at the price I think. I truly think, that the weight wouldn't be a issue for someone with better skill then myself, which is pretty small. If you can whip around and do all those super moves, then you wont have a problem. Hope this helped to some degree.

Z

·
Stay thirsty my friends
885 Posts
Wow they did ruin that bike, whats with the color scheme and the retro Trek style rear suspension rocker? Of course it probably rides fine but if every decision were strictly made on ride qualities then none of us would want one of these now would we.

...or one of these.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.