Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glory 0 is a 2008, so older model. Upgrades include stuff like Elixirs, Thomson post, MG pedals and other small stuff. RC3 66/ ROCO TST. Excellent shape, less than 5 rides on it. Mechanic owned. $1700.

2009 Banshee Scythe, 2009 Totem Coil. Lower end build spec. Juicy 5 brakes, lower end RF drivetrain, lower end wheels etc. Previous Banshee Rep Demo bike, from pictures looks to be in really good shape. $1500.

Which would you pick and why.

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
Giant because glorys are awesome bikes and giant is a great company. Also if it was a demo bike you don't know how many times it's been ridden and how hard. People don't care as much if they don't own it.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I had a glory 0 awhile ago.

It was pretty heavy, and I felt like I was going over the front end every time the going got steep or I had to grab the brakes. I don't normally feel like bikes are "too steep" and I'm pretty happy riding 65 degree HT angles, but it was on of the few bikes I've ever noticed feeling too steep. It had great suspension actuation though, I'll give it that.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A friend of mine has owned both, he had the Scythe in '08, got the Giant later the same year (he owns a shop and was 'encouraged' to ride a Giant by the rep, plus he's a bit of a bikewhore). He loved the Scythe, said it was the most fun bike he's owned and still talks about it - wouldn't be too surprised to see him on another next year...

·
Go big....Die young
52 Posts
GIANT all the way....I have an 05 faith 8 in rear travel and it is built like a tank so giant all the WAY haha

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I ride an new 08 Glory frame that I built up this year. It's amazing. Takes huge drops and tracks well.
The steepness of the head angle depends on which fork is used on the front.
I have a Totem on mine and ride pretty steep stuff on a regular basis.

·
Nucking Futs
377 Posts
Same thing about the Scythe for me. Built like a tank aswell, is very lively and wants to be pushed so to say. It's not sluggish and can handle steeps excellent. Ridden the megavalanche track a few weeks ago and was just plain fun to ride. Highly underrated frame if you ask me, even with a dhx 5.0 the suspension feels really good.

On a side note though you will notice brake jack as it is a single pivot. Really a shame they didn't make a floating brake cause the rest is just spot on I can't fault it for anything else. Burlyness over a thin cola can frame for me.

Demo bike asside a decent rep. will look after the bike cause he is responsible for any rider on that bike. And you deffinalty want to avoid the company your repping get's negative feedback for inproperly maintaned demo bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts