Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2018 Giant Trance 2 that shipped already tubeless. I have been unable to find "Giant Tubeless Sealant" anywhere to buy, including the Giant site. Does anyone know if this is just re-branded stans or orange or something else? I have heard it is bad to mix brands and I want to top off my tires.

Any suggestions, or should I just drain the stock sealant and put in Stans? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2018 Giant Trance 2 that shipped already tubeless. I have been unable to find "Giant Tubeless Sealant" anywhere to buy, including the Giant site. Does anyone know if this is just re-branded stans or orange or something else? I have heard it is bad to mix brands and I want to top off my tires.

Any suggestions, or should I just drain the stock sealant and put in Stans? Thanks!
Are you certain there is sealant in your tires? The bikes ship setup tubeless.... but the shop needs to add the sealant. Many do not.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Depending how long ago the sealant was installed, it's likely dried up. Six months depending on weather. Could be a couple months if it's really warm where you are.

At any rate, if you are overly concerned of mixing products, break the bead and soak up the remainder and pour in the sealant of your choice and ride on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.