Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I need some advice on a downhill/freeride bike. I'm tossing up between the 05 Giant DH comp and the 05 Mongoose Black Diamond Triple. They're both basically the same price.

I mostly want to do freeriding but I'm gonna start some real downhill soon (I used to have a 04 Giant AC2 I used for freeride and downhill but that got stolen not long ago. It wasn't the best downhiller though).

I read in an article about the Mongoose BD Triple that it was a really good freerider as it had that new Freedrive system to stop pedal bob (which i used to get quite a bit with the AC2) and it looks like a pretty sick downhiller (compared to what I had before). But the DH Comp is the better downhiller but not as good a freerider.

I want something that will help me go far in downhill races but something that is an adequate free rider. What do you guys suggest? Tell me other good DH/Freeride bikes if you know any good ones

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go for the Giant

I think the Giant is probably a better overall bike but not sure if it excels as a solid freerider. The Iron Horse 7 point 7 or 7 point 5 are pretty awesome and are in the same price range I think. I'm not really a Mongoose fan but the Mongoose looks cool.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts