Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be getting a giant dh frame in the mail soon and i was going to put my boxxer on it. My old bike used the shorter top crown so thats what i have. The giant web site shows the boxxer with the longer top crown. anyone know if i can get away with the shorter one or do i have to buy a new one?

·
Registered
300 Posts
You will lose about 1/2 inch of travel if you us the short boxxer crown because of the long head tube. I use the super stiff Romic crown. You get exactly 7" from the bottom of the lower crown and the top of the dust seals. I was thinking of going with the long Boxxer crown because the Romic height is a little to close for comfort. Should would have been nice if the stacions we a bit longer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, thats what i needed to know. I cant really afford a new crown right now and i just needed my bike working for a race. lucky me, now i get to switch it back to 6" of travel untill i can afford a new one.

Or, does anyone have a tall boxxer top crown sitting around that they dont need. maybe a trade for a short crown if you bought the wrong thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts