Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just did a 20+ mile night ride with some pretty good climbing and technical descents. Despite the VERY ANNOYING clicking, this fork works really well. I pray that the replacement I eventually get has the problem fixed because this is a fine performing fork except for that one problem.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Just did a 20+ mile night ride with some pretty good climbing and technical descents. Despite the VERY ANNOYING clicking, this fork works really well. I pray that the replacement I eventually get has the problem fixed because this is a find performing fork except for that one problem.
I feel the same way. My last bike came with a Reba and then I upgraded to a 34 Rhythm later. I liked the crest more than the Reba and the crest felt similar to the Rhythm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

I picked my bike up today and the fork feels pretty good. I need to lower the pressure some but it doesn’t click!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where did you find that? I looked on SRAM’s website and didn’t see it.

Just Googled.

I don't believe E-MTB chassis differs as far as measurements.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Mine actually is the e-mtb one. Actually it seems like all the 35 gold RLs are now e-bike rated. I’m not sure what the difference between the a1 and a2 is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welp, I talked with my LBS yesterday, and Giant is warranting my clicking shock and send a new one, but won't be available till May. That works for me as this one in not causing me any issues.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Idk if silicone spray would dress the seals till break In, but after cleaning I wipe a little on my trance tubes and shock (Fox)34 and makes for a sooth ride in the chattery stuff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Came to this site looking for info on this, since I have a 2021 Fathom 2 and having the exact same issues. I took mine to my LBS last week and told the mechanic that someone on this site mentioned theirs stopped clicking when the adjustment knob broke. He popped off the adjustment knob, and saw that there is a piece that has geared teeth on the top (which slots into the underside of the adjuster knob) connected to a hex shaft that actually turns the damper. This geared piece is loose inside the fork, it simply drops into the hex shaft, so when the fork compresses, it taps up against the underside of the adjuster knob. The mechanic stuck a small piece of foam in the underside of the adjuster knob, and when I tested it at the LBS it fixed the clicking! Sadly, when I got home, I turned the adjuster knob and the clicking came back. When I turned the knob again so the fork was full open (all the way to the left), it clicked once or twice then stopped. So since I almost always ride with it fully open, this is a win, but I'd still like to see a permanent fix for this. A note of caution, if anyone does this themselves, there is a TINY ball bearing sitting inside a hole in the top of the fork after you pop off the adjuster knob. The LBS lost this piece because it was so small and had to harvest once from an unsold 2020 Fathom. If you lose this bearing, you'll loose the positive clicks when you turn your adjuster knob (it sits on top of a tiny spring).
The LBS should know about the indent ball, if the “real mechanic“ is busy you just might get The Slack- hacker’

·
Registered
343 Posts
From Giant support, I'm happy they seem to know there is an issue and are working on it. Also, great they aren't making me go to the local Giant dealer...

"The team at Giant is looking into it and a rebuild/evaluation is not required. We will follow up with you when we have a solution. Again, we understand there is a noise, but you are welcome to continue riding the current fork in the meantime."

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
From Giant support, I'm happy they seem to know there is an issue and are working on it. Also, great they aren't making me go to the local Giant dealer...

"The team at Giant is looking into it and a rebuild/evaluation is not required. We will follow up with you when we have a solution. Again, we understand there is a noise, but you are welcome to continue riding the current fork in the meantime."
Good, it seems like a lot of people’s local shops aren’t pushing Giant very hard to do anything about it. My shop did and my issue was resolved in a week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the same note from Giant. Got tired of waiting and ordered a Marzocchi Bomber Z2 from Jenson. On backorder but they estimate shipping on March 11. Maybe I'll get some dough from Giant, maybe not, but at least I'll have a good fork that doesn't rattle (in a couple weeks).

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I got the same note from Giant. Got tired of waiting and ordered a Marzocchi Bomber Z2 from Jenson. On backorder but they estimate shipping on March 11. Maybe I'll get some dough from Giant, maybe not, but at least I'll have a good fork that doesn't rattle (in a couple weeks).
Let us know how the z2 rides because I’m probably gonna get one eventually.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts