Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
So it won’t stay in the top two gears on the cog. Just wants to jump off because the angle of the chain is so bad.
Attempting to be helpful because I have had praxis cranks for years. Do you have DM-B or DM-A stamped on your chainring?
these signify no offset or 3mm offset

·
Registered
11 Posts
My fork makes a click like a pencil is lightly tapping on a desk on the top of the stroke. Fork is actually pretty good.
Okay, I think mines started doing this too. I was riding technical stuff finally today and kept thinking the noise was from my mud guard.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think we'll have to make a big fuss about this if Giant continues to be quiet. I don't think we're asking for much, just some type of communication...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree,the fork it self is just annoying,I actually like the fork. Did anyone get volume spacers or know if any other brands will fit?
Forgot to answer this........
No nothing at all, though their site says they are an option. So much potential here I’m hoping it ends with stoked MTB riders.
I can only imagine how many completely new people are getting this for their first trail bike and are lost or shop not able to help.
This is a solid entry level bike and I expect many novice people are frustrated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update from bike shop is that Giant is planning to replace my fork through warranty but it's on back order until February. Hoping I don't get another of the same.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Update from bike shop is that Giant is planning to replace my fork through warranty but it's on back order until February. Hoping I don't get another of the same.
Thank you for this info. I am not thrilled with my local Giant shop. They want to charge me for shipping / labor and why do they need to send the fork into Giant to get an answer?

I understand they need to make money but that’s kind of B.S. I originally put a deposit on a Fathom at this lbs but they weren’t getting 29ers until May this year so I bought my bike 2 1/2 hours drive down south.

Maybe I will try to go through Giant direct when they start getting stock...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hope I don't have to get taken off the bike for 2 months when they could just send the operating one and then get the take off sent in. That’s not cool to take the money and also charge for their mistakes.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I also get that clicking noise on small bumps but not on bigger hits. The fork works well besides the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brand new to this forum and just started mountain biking again after about 25 years off (since high school). I picked up a Fathom 2 27.5 - seems like an amazing deal - and it's been great. Got about 100 miles on it, all on the back side (Watershed) of Mt. Tam. I know very little about bike tech, but I have a rattle when I go over rocks/bumps coming from the fork. I noticed it does not do it when the fork is locked out and it gets worse the more travel I dial it to allow. Seems to work fine but it's annoying and a bit disconcerting when I'm heading down bumpy, rocky trail.

·
Registered
623 Posts
For anyone that has broken the plastic air cap on the crest, a cap from a rockshox 35 fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Brand new to this forum and just started mountain biking again after about 25 years off (since high school). I picked up a Fathom 2 27.5 - seems like an amazing deal - and it's been great. Got about 100 miles on it, all on the back side (Watershed) of Mt. Tam. I know very little about bike tech, but I have a rattle when I go over rocks/bumps coming from the fork. I noticed it does not do it when the fork is locked out and it gets worse the more travel I dial it to allow. Seems to work fine but it's annoying and a bit disconcerting when I'm heading down bumpy, rocky trail.
Yep, that's the problem we're all having. Fortunately the noise went away when the compression adj/lockout stopped working. I'd much rather to be able to just ride than deal with constant sound from the fork.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep, that's the problem we're all having. Fortunately the noise went away when the compression adj/lockout stopped working. I'd much rather to be able to just ride than deal with constant sound from the fork.
So if I turn mine a bunch of times it might stop clicking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry - the ability to adjust just stopped working entirely or the ability to lock it out stopped working?

21 - 40 of 95 Posts