Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
In between ...

ArmySlowRdr said:
The Reign is more All Mountain. The Trance is more XC.
Hmmm... Technically I think the Reign is their "All Mountain"/Freeride bike and the Anthem is the pure XC bike. The Trance is something in between, they call it a "trail" bike. The Reign has more travel. The Trance will be a more efficient pedaler.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
The Reign, Trance and Anthem all utilize the Maestro suspension design, but the reign has 6" rear travel, the Trance has 4.2" rear travel and the Anthem has 3.5" rear travel.

Giant calls the Reign a freeride bike, but I guess that depends on your definition of freeride. I would say it's more like straddling the fence between FR and a burly trail bike and mostly by virtue of it's increased rear travel is made for more abuse than the Trance. Other than that, they are pretty similarly built.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. This is what I was thinking for the most part but wanted to make sure there was not any big differences. I mostly trail ride but like to hit the jumps and drops occaisionaly. Getting off the trail sometimes mixing it up "playing" is waht I would like to do also during the trial ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.