Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a bit of an unusual question for the owner of 2018-2019 Anthem Advanced Pro bikes. I'm looking at buying a used 2018 Anthem Advanced Pro 1 and I've seen 2 bikes so far and on both I'm questioning whether the owner have been rough on their bike or the finish on the rear triangle on those anthem is just easily scratched/damaged.

I've attached a picture as an example and wondering if its something I should be weary of?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Mode of transport Bicycle part
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Spoke Bicycle drivetrain part

·
Don't Tread on Me
983 Posts
I think you just might worry too much. I pick up scratches and marks like that every ride. If you actually ride a MTB on MTB trails, it will get scratched and marked up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for you input guys, any particular thing you would take a closer look at when buying a used bike?

Thanks!
Drivetrain wear would be the number one... If the Cassette is worn, youre looking at another $200+ at least to replace it... Youll need a new chain too if that is the case. (If they are a Strava user you can get a decent idea on the amount of kms on the bike.
The Cassette in the picture above. Look at the 2nd -4Th smallest ring on the cassttte for "lipping" and elong-gated teeth. Do some heavy loaded sprints in those gears to see if you get slipping/jumping.
Easily the most expensive wear and tear item.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2018 Pro 1 and I have noticed that the matte paint Giant used is just not very durable. Granted, I train and race my bike hard but my paint has chips and scratches everywhere and it's not even 2 years old. I love my Anthem overall. Just not a big fan of the paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.