Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Love,peace and baby geese
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode the new Giant 29er today. I didnt ride a trail but I hit some small jumps and a rock garden. I bet they sell lots of these bikes.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
For some maybe...but for me not enough of bike for the price. $2000+ for a 26 pound 29er just isn't worth it.

·
Love,peace and baby geese
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nor said:
I bet David Copperfield can disappear!
I bet if you open your eyes you can see your own kidneys

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've ridden an XTC 1 29er and I thought it was a great bike. Compared to the Rocky Mountain 29 geared, climbing was much easier. It's very light and it looks like it belongs next to $3,000 bikes.

I haven't gone of sidewalks yet with XTC 1 29er but I can say you won't regret buying one it's a fantastic bike.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
mefistofeles said:
I've ridden an XTC 1 29er and I thought it was a great bike. Compared to the Rocky Mountain 29 geared, climbing was much easier. It's very light and it looks like it belongs next to $3,000 bikes.

I haven't gone of sidewalks yet with XTC 1 29er but I can say you won't regret buying one it's a fantastic bike.
If you have not been on the dirt with the bike how can you say it is fantastic? I actually think that it looks like a solid contribution to the 29er world and would push friends that way before other brands.

BTW this post is pointless without pics.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Because that's where I tested it in an urban asphalt parking lot with a steep hill. Besides information on this bike is limited and what little I know could be helpful or informative because higher quality sources are not available.

Also let's be honest hills do have some things in common. Even if the terrain composition is different a steep will have something in common with other steep hills.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts