Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That is the previous generation fox x2, that's the previous generation shimano 8000 series 11 speed, that's the previous generation fox 36 with a fit damper, and previous generation shimano brakes.

That is quite an old photo/spec of trance.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Thats not a trance, its a 2017 Reign
There's new Reign E+ mullet with new, more compact motor.
Shame the prices are insane lately, 6500 euros for an electric equivalent of Reign 1 that cost 3700 euros in 2020 only to be bumped to 4200 euros in 2021.
So, they're charging you 2800/2300 euros for a motor and a battery...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw this posted on Reddit... user said they put a down payment on this in Canada, and said it's a 2022 Trance X 29 1 in Chameleon Blue. Oddly enough this color isn't on the Japanese site above. Apparently the Trance X 29 2 will be "Panther" but I'm not sure what color that is... maybe the green? Or grey? From what I've gathered there might not be a 3 this year for the USA.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Equipment wise, there's a significant downgrade compared to this year's models.
Just look at Trance X 1 and 2...
The price is lower but since it's Taiwanese price, I'm not sure how it will translate to the EU/US, it's probably going to cost the same as current models.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw this posted on Reddit... user said they put a down payment on this in Canada, and said it's a 2022 Trance X 29 1 in Chameleon Blue. Oddly enough this color isn't on the Japanese site above. Apparently the Trance X 29 2 will be "Panther" but I'm not sure what color that is... maybe the green? Or grey? From what I've gathered there might not be a 3 this year for the USA.
I did put deposit on that bike Thursday
(Chameleon Blue, Large)

2 option color for 2022 Trance X 29 1
chameleon blue/black/chrome & panther/phatom green/chrome

X1 replace Trance X2 (2021)
X2 replace Trance X3 (2021)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Equipment wise, there's a significant downgrade compared to this year's models.
Just look at Trance X 1 and 2...
The price is lower but since it's Taiwanese price, I'm not sure how it will translate to the EU/US, it's probably going to cost the same as current models.
I'm not sure I see what has been downgraded. At least in the USA, we didn't have a Trance X 1, so it seems like they are just renaming the 2 to 1, and the 3 to 2. My LBS said they don't show a Trance X 3 at all for 2022.Other than name changes, what I can see on the bikes looks identical to last year... am I missing something? The cranks don't say SLX, but it looks like an SLX cassette and derailleur, so maybe that's juts a cosmetic change.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm not sure I see what has been downgraded. At least in the USA, we didn't have a Trance X 1, so it seems like they are just renaming the 2 to 1, and the 3 to 2. My LBS said they don't show a Trance X 3 at all for 2022.Other than name changes, what I can see on the bikes looks identical to last year... am I missing something? The cranks don't say SLX, but it looks like an SLX cassette and derailleur, so maybe that's juts a cosmetic change.
It is definitely a down grade in Australia Giant have got ridden of Trance X Advanced Pro 29 0 replaced it with a Trance X Advanced Pro 29 1 with Fox live valve suspension (which I don't want and probably many others don't want) and wacked up the price $1300 aud or a $1000.00 US.

The 2022 Trance X Advanced X pro 29 2 the Fox suspension on it is definitely a down grade to what was on 2021 Pro 29 1 but price is not much different to 2021 pro 1 and 2022 Pro 2.

Scram GX or Shimano SLX emm six of one half a dozen of the other was probably going to update it latter to XT any ways. Trance X Advanced Pro 29 0 had XTR/XT and better hubs on wheelset.

·
Registered
468 Posts
That's one great thing about the Trance Advanced. I came from a Marin Rift Zone, it was almost 34lbs. My Trance is 29.5 with pedals. Night and day difference on the climbs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Giant always had a nice p/p ratio... until 2021, but 2022 is even worse. I cannot imagine pedaling TRANCE X 29 2 uphill, this monster has to be around 16.5 kg (36 lb) with pedals.
The 2022 X 29 2 looks like it has all of the same equipment as the USA 2021 X 29 3, which was 31 pounds without pedals. 31 pounds seems pretty average for an aluminum trail/all mountain bike, IMO.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.