Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bike Geek
735 Posts
Air shock

Found a great thread on this topic - http://forums.mtbr.com/sram/sid-dual-air-rear-shock-rebuild-any-advice-786192.html#post11176560

Any recommendations to replace my old, seemingly unserviceable, SID? Appears to be 6.5" eye to eye.

Thanks in advance!
There are a great number of shocks that fit an NRS frame at 6.5 x 1.5. With that being said, I have had the most luck riding either a cane creek cloud nine or a fox on the two NRS frames I had. Both shocks felt better than the SID, and both made it climb and descend like a new beast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the response. I was looking at another RS (Monarch ?) or FOX but will check out Cane Creek.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update - Cane Creek currently only offers 7.5 eye to eye... So I will go with the Fox Evolution CTD 6.5 x 1.5. I am hoping the spacers and bolts that came off of the RS SID will work with the Fox Evolution - anyone know the chances of this?

Was told to worry that the NRS was designed as a "no-sag" bike and no one makes shocks today for that setup. Later heard that using current shocks really is no big deal and the "no sag" was somewhat of a gimmick on the NRSs. Any thoughts?

Thanks all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts