Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If those are the final colors then Yuck. I would like to see them without the blue stripes all over the place. Maybe you can order the anthem or trance framseet and it'll be different than the complete build? Lets see some geo numbers, or would they be the same as the '09s?

-Carrot, I think they will sway a few more customers with the 127mm bike than going to 140mm. I've been looking for a 5.0 bike, little more cush than the 4 and more racey than the 5.5 bikes, at least I hope it is. For me I find there is too much of a gap between the 100 and 140mm bikes for how and where I ride. Not many companies are building something in the middle. I'm excited to see/ride this one.

·
A crunchy treat
208 Posts
Hmm, I see that, but now there's an awful gap between the 5" Trance X and the 6.7" Reign X. If the Trance X was 5.5" there'd be a more even travel gap between the three families: 4" Anthem X, +1.5" to the 5.5" Trance X and +1.2" to the Reign X. Just my opinion as I'm seriously considering purchasing a Trance X in April next year.

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
well I assume this is the last year of the current version of the Trance X. Decent guess that next year's will be 5.5" OTOH, isn't the new Reign X really light (like 6" bike light)?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Carrot said:
Hmm, I see that, but now there's an awful gap between the 5" Trance X and the 6.7" Reign X. If the Trance X was 5.5" there'd be a more even travel gap between the three families: 4" Anthem X, +1.5" to the 5.5" Trance X and +1.2" to the Reign X. Just my opinion as I'm seriously considering purchasing a Trance X in April next year.
The Trance X is the perfect do it all bike as is. I for one would NOT like a slacker head angle or more travel.

·
redefined
277 Posts
I think I will be adding a new '10 Reign X to the stable just before Christmas. That bike is freakin' awesome, especially considering the proposed weight. And the new CF AX and TX both look amazing too.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.