Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a question that no one can seem to answer. Just recently got an 04 Epic Pro and it seems that everytime the rear shock compresses it starts ghost shifting. It wants to down shift into a harder gear at medium to heavy impact. Had it at the LBS and no one seems to know what is causing it. I weight 185 and have the psi in the shock set to 120 and the rebound at 12 clicks. Could this be cause by too much / not enough air pressure or too fast / too slow of rebound. I'm getting the recommend sag of 10 mm and rebound seems to be good but I'm still new to this F/S thing. This is my first F/S and it would be the prefect bike if I can get this small problem solved. If anyone as any answers please help, it's killing me on rough up hill rides.

·
bang
1,290 Posts
the housing / cable under the bottom bracket might be too short. search the forum for this; i think there is a thread or two concerning this problem.

·
Registered
484 Posts
He's right. The housing under the BB is definitely too short. Let all of the air out of the rear shock and fully compress the suspension. Measure a length of housing long enough to fit with the system compressed and add 1 to 1.5 inches to it. It might seem long but you're not going to catch anything on it. Your big chainring will protect it. (mine hangs down to about the same diameter as the middle ring when the suspension is UNcompressed.)

- Jeremy -

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, ran new cables the other night and I must say this bike is now the sweets bike I have ever owned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts