Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride...cool

end of Second ride...steering slightly right..

Third ride...darn...forgot to reset steering. Reset steering & checked stem bolt torque.

3'rd & 4'th ride...Great.

5'th ride...whoah...who re-set my steering to the right ? Durn It who keeps doing this. :mad: Am I drunk when I reset. Reset AGAIN.

start of 6'th ride... DAMN IT WHAT IS GOING ON. Steering set to the right AGAIN. Finally I decided to give some thought to the issue:

Not seeing the forest for the trees, I finally figured out...DOH... that the steerer tube was loose in the fork clamps :eek: :eek: I had never checked it out since I got the bike :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....I guess I was just too excited to ride.... anyway BOTH bolts were WAAAAYYYY loose :(

Check your bolts !!

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,469 Posts
The_Missile said:
First ride...cool

end of Second ride...steering slightly right..

Third ride...darn...forgot to reset steering. Reset steering & checked stem bolt torque.

3'rd & 4'th ride...Great.

5'th ride...whoah...who re-set my steering to the right ? Durn It who keeps doing this. :mad: Am I drunk when I reset. Reset AGAIN.

start of 6'th ride... DAMN IT WHAT IS GOING ON. Steering set to the right AGAIN. Finally I decided to give some thought to the issue:

Not seeing the forest for the trees, I finally figured out...DOH... that the steerer tube was loose in the fork clamps :eek: :eek: I had never checked it out since I got the bike :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....I guess I was just too excited to ride.... anyway BOTH bolts were WAAAAYYYY loose :(

Check your bolts !!
Nice! Good find, that is a great cautionary tale, and one that could happen to anyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.