Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
WTF
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, about a month ago I figured I would try ghetto tubeless. I had no issues with seating the tire or getting the seat to seal, but the sealant and air was leaking out the sidewalls of my tires. They are IRX Mythos's which have really thin sidewalls which explains why the air was leaking. But what confused me was why the sealant wouldn't seal the holes? :madman: :madman: :madman:
Does anyone know some good higher volume tire (2.3 ish) which works with ghetto tubeless? Help please :thumbsup:

Ps. I'm running bontrager sealant if that makes any difference

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Spartan, although I've never used it, I've heard very bad things about the Bonty Juice. I would try to seal the same IRC tires using Stan's first (and follow the instructions on the NoTubes.com website). If they still don't seal, try some different tires that have a more robust sidewall.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
We keep seein' these companies try to duplicate Stan's (Spec, Bontrager, Gear) but none can do it. They should license the receipe from Notubes/Stans and slap their lable on it. Everyone wins. We don't get crap, Stan's make some cash, and the others make some on their relabeling.

Stan's just works.

You have to refresh it a couple of times a year, but no biggy there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i would be looking at another LBS if they try to push bonty stuff. every single item i have ever used, or had someone i ride with, use from bonty SUCKS!!!!!! it is like buying from ace hard(soft)ware.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.