Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have the handlebar mount so I had to make this ghetto setup. I didn't like the result however as you can't see too much of the trail/terrain but it is great to watch the fork in action...
Any other ideas out there on mounting the camera to the frame for a different perspective other than the traditional helmet, chest, handlebar mount?

·
Registered
657 Posts
On my old Titus, I tried mounting it on the chainstay via zip ties. It almost got knocked off by a rock. So I just use the chest mount and my ziptie mount to the rear of the saddle now.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
how 'bout a bit of that video?
are you using any foam tape or anything behind the PVC to reduce jigglin'/wigglin'? or does the tube fill that roll OK?

looks like a great place to mount, user lakesnake here did something out of plastic that put his camera in about the same spot.

also, any knee/leg interference with where yours is mounted?

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CharacterZero said:
how 'bout a bit of that video?
are you using any foam tape or anything behind the PVC to reduce jigglin'/wigglin'? or does the tube fill that roll OK?

looks like a great place to mount, user lakesnake here did something out of plastic that put his camera in about the same spot.

also, any knee/leg interference with where yours is mounted?
I wrapped the down tube with an old inner tube for some isolation.
I was most worried about the tire rubbing the camera at full compression but that didn't happen (there are some points in the video where I got almost 6" on the fork as you can tell with the o-ring but luckily no rub)...
The only interference was with my baggies hanging on the knobs (I was wearing knickers) so I just hitched them up above my knee. After that, no problem...
Ignore the choice in music. I was also playing with Movie Maker and used whatever I had. I'm sure Youtube will pull the music any minute now...
Oh yeah, also ignore the first minute of climbing. I wanted to test to see if the clamp interfered when climbing off the saddle (which is what I do most of the time)...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
flipnidaho said:
I wrapped the down tube with an old inner tube for some isolation.
I was most worried about the tire rubbing the camera at full compression but that didn't happen (there are some points in the video where I got almost 6" on the fork as you can tell with the o-ring but luckily no rub)...
The only interference was with my baggies hanging on the knobs (I was wearing knickers) so I just hitched them up above my knee. After that, no problem...
Ignore the choice in music. I was also playing with Movie Maker and used whatever I had. I'm sure Youtube will pull the music any minute now...
Oh yeah, also ignore the first minute of climbing. I wanted to test to see if the clamp interfered when climbing off the saddle (which is what I do most of the time)...
bboys for the win!

nice vid, the fork action is great to watch, but I agree, a bit of perspective afforded by a little extension out to the side would grant you both fork action and trail perspective.

keep it coming!

I need to play with my new frame and see what I can do for mounting...I had tried to do the CS mount with my Terremoto, but that didn't work because of having to pedal - it was just in the way!

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mikkosan said:
On my old Titus, I tried mounting it on the chainstay via zip ties. It almost got knocked off by a rock. So I just use the chest mount and my ziptie mount to the rear of the saddle now.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Pare, do you have a photo of the saddle mount?
BTW- I'll probably be heading to the PI in May... Ride tayo!

·
Registered
657 Posts
flipnidaho said:
Pare, do you have a photo of the saddle mount?
BTW- I'll probably be heading to the PI in May... Ride tayo!
Sige ride tayo bro, let me know when you arrive!

I don't have a picture of the saddle mount, but it's the same one I have on the chainstay and just ziptied it to the saddle rails. Here's a video taken from the saddle mount:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.