Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought this would be a funny sight to somebody walking by. Our bathroom is barely big enough to fit one bike, but its the only hard surface we could find, lol. Fyi, the first bike weighs 37 lbs, the second weighs 35 lbs. (It worked)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That is how I weigh my bike too. First measurement when new it weighed 32lbs, put in on a four month low carb diet with great sucess. Now it weighs 28 to 28.5 lbs (ideal would be 26 to 27 lbs)!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not singlespeeders for sure!

ilikebeer said:
What bikes are you weighing
Heaaaaavy ones :D

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
That's how i did it too. My porky bike is hovering around the 30lb mark. :(

·
Foreign Entity
275 Posts
Last weight check on my bikes, my Giant ATX 890 weighed 20 lbs and my Trek Fuel 90 weighed in at 26 lbs.....the Trek just got put on the high carbon diet.

My wife's Trek 6700 is tipping the scale at 24 lbs and is also going on a diet, she doesn't care about the weight, but I do..... :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ray_from_SA said:
Last weight check on my bikes, my Giant ATX 890 weighed 20 lbs and my Trek Fuel 90 weighed in at 26 lbs.....the Trek just got put on the high carbon diet.

My wife's Trek 6700 is tipping the scale at 24 lbs and is also going on a diet, she doesn't care about the weight, but I do..... :)
Speaking of diets, I actually just got a few new parts for my bike, it lost about 1.5-2.0 lbs. Now it only weighs 37 lbs, lol. So much easier when I climb :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.