Premium Member
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revved Size 3
Bomber CR Coil
Pike 29 140, 42mm offset
Short Lower Cup
29 x 2.6 Kennebeck/27.5 x 2.8 High Roller

More or less, the geo in this mullet configuration is equivalent to a 27.5/27.5 Shred running 160mm fork and a tall lower cup, which was my original set up with a Fox 36, also similar to my current 27.5/27.5 set up with a Bomber 29 150 with a tall lower cup.

How does it feel? A tad floppy just rolling around, not as quick or agile at low speeds as a 27.5./27.5 configuration, should be more stable at speed. What's interesting is that the bike feels a lot more slacked out than when I run it in a 29/29 mode, more so than a degree should make it feel.

I doubt I'll run this way, as soon as I have the Vorsprung Smashpot installed in the Bomber I am totally gone ride that :)

Anyway, here's a pic, cuz you know, it didn't happen unless there's proof:

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Premium Member
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I remember why I don’t ride mixed wheels: it sucks.

Seriously, it feels out of balance, no real benefits to speak of, one end felt like a 29er and the other end felt like a 27.5, by having different wheels it negates the benefits of each wheel size.

I’d rather have either a dedicated 29er or a dedicated 27.5, no compromises, pick your weapon and go ride.

I also really miss my Bomber fork, man that damper just works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.