Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, you can do that for the fork. It won't be exactly the same, but it will be close. For example, a 2020 Fox 36 170 29 has an A:C measurement of 577, and the 27.5 version with the 14mm cup would be 559+14=573. So you'd be 4mm higher, just a smidge slacker for head & seat angles, probably about 0.2 degrees.

If you put a 29 or 27.5+ wheel in the fork while in MegaTrail setup, it will slack it out quite a bit because the wheel radius is much greater.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
After talking to Matt & Marshall at GG, I realized that something about the way I did the CAD drawings to approximate the mullet geometries was incorrect (showing much too high BB, slacker ST & HT). I figured out a different way to approximate this using a standard geometry change calculation, and have since updated the sheet.

A MegaSmash (MegaTrail stays w/ 160mm 29er fork & 29er front wheel) will end up with geometry really close to a 170mm forked Gnarvana. Slightly lower and slacker in Gravity mode, slightly higher and steeper in Trail mode.

·
always licking the glass
2,388 Posts
Thanks for the second check. I figure the 27+ would only go on with the Gnar stays.
You can officially run up to 27.5+ a 2.8 tire on the megatrail. I can clear the 3.0 wrathchilds on mine.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts