Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gg MTBR.png

So GG had a new 2020 bike on their IG stories with most of the body blanked out and just a caption "Lit! 2020". Assuming it's not just one of their existing models perhaps in one of the sizes [2 or 4] that's not yet released what do you think is coming down the pipe for next year?

GG sort of hinted at a LT 29er in one of the existing threads in this forum so that could be it. OR maybe that was just artful misdirection to throw us off the scent. The Revved bikes came out of nowhere [for me anyways] so GG can keep a secret!

What do you think is coming?

I'll play. I think a LT 29er makes a lot of sense to fill in the GG line up given what bikes are popular at the moment.

What would you like to see?

A few things I would be into are:

- lighter duty carbon layup
--- provides some flex and less weight for riders not pushing the limits of Revved frame capabilities
--- might limit rider weight or models to TP/SD or max fork length
- updated Pedealhead to make it competitive with state of the art hardtail geo
--- slacker HTA
--- longer dropper insertion
--- lower seat tube so riders could choose what Reach they want without being limited by dropper travel too much
--- adjustable CS for length change and SS
- some frame colour options aside from black
- ball caps with curved brim and adjustable snap backs [ie. I'm too old to rock a flat brim bro!]
- another PNW Meet Up in 2020 [even another BHam Meet Up! or maybe Whistler?]

·
since 4/10/2009
31,728 Posts
only things I really feel the desire to see on a next version Pedalhead would be increased dropper insertion.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Color options for link, like Canfield used to offer
Shirt colors other than black, seriously, I hate black clothing; don't mind black bikes
Revised derailleur housing run from BB to chainstay to move it further from the tire
Angleset option that works with offset headset cups
Custom links that allow tuning options
Flip chip or sliding drops to adjust chainstay length
Ditch the cable cover concept, use recessed area for cable run with three housing retainers instead

·
always licking the glass
2,835 Posts
I want a new DH bike, but that's just me and maybe 5 other people.

It could be a mullet bike too. A lot of people for some weird reason like them ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've heard a rumor about an updated Pedalhead locally...

I agree that the bike they teased on IG is probably a longer travel 29er.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Add me to the dh list. Obviously not from the picture above. Looks like a pretty short fork. Revved Pedalhead?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Looks like a short to moderate travel 29er, steep STA, not a double crown, hard to tell if that's a linkage chainstay; magnified 400% didn't really help.

So a Revved Pedalhead would make sense.

·
battle stag commander
224 Posts
I can sort of see two dark spots on that chainstay when I do the "zoom-and-squint". One would be a dropout, the other looks to be foreward and slightly down from the chainstay, so it's where a pivot would be? maybe?

it does look like a short fork, but i'm hopeful about a long travel 29er, that would be sweet.

A singlespeedable pedalhead (not counting magic gears) would be really sick too though...

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
It'll never happen, but ditch the adjustable headset.

Lighter lay-up for the shorter travel bikes.

Ability to use a longer dropper on the Pedalhead.

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't really want a Revved hardtail since the flex of the GG Pedalhead was one of the things that made it sound like a really nice bike to ride.

Being able to order Revved headset cups that were in effect anglesets would be very cool. Maybe -0.5 and -1 deg options.

·
battle stag commander
224 Posts
I agree, I dont really want a carbon pedalhead, unless it had intentionally flexy seatstays or something like that, I just want sliders!

Ditto on cable routing and headset cups.

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I agree, I dont really want a carbon pedalhead, unless it had intentionally flexy seatstays or something like that, I just want sliders!

Ditto on cable routing and headset cups.
Sliders would be great. AFAIK the current steel PH can accept a Works Component geo adjust headset which is sweet. :)

The current Revved carbon layup seems pretty stiff. That works on a FS bike, but not so much on a hardtail. It just seems kind weird to switch materials from steel that has a nice flex characteristics to carbon which is quite stiff to then try and design flex back into the carbon frame instead of just sticking to steel.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
How about a carbon pedalhead that a flex chainstay/seatstay set up, now that would be cool and I'm sure they have the engineering know how to make it happen.

As much as liked my Pedalhead, I'm just too old and sore to ride around on a hardtail, btu make that backend flex ~50mm and that'd be pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 388 Posts