Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RIDE TO LIVE
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 15.5" frame today. The frame with seatpost collar and headset was 2.15lbs and the F29RLC was 3.15lbs with an uncut steerer tube. My goal is sub 19lbs when complete, it will include the following:

XTR M970 crankset and BB
DT Swiss 240 hubs laced to Stans Race or Crest rims with DT revolution spokes (in the process of deciding)
Formula R1 brakes and rotors
Salsa Pro Moto carbon flat bar
Thompson Elite 80mm stem (0 rise)
Easton E90 carbon seatpost
WTB Rocket V saddle w/TI rails
XTR pedals
Sram 990 cross step chain
Crankskins frame and crank protectors
ODI Rogue Lockon grips

Here are some pics of my preliminary build. I used a bunch of parts off my Rig to get started, I will be upgrading the crank and wheelset shortly. Right now it weighs in at 19.5lbs with my crappy scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
i love those bikes man looks great. i race in the same series as the brother that started that model. they are single speed beasts lol. anyway nice ride

·
RIDE TO LIVE
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must be referring to the Lalonde bros. I wish I could get a spin on that belt drive Superfly Jesse has been testing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes sir that would be them. i was out on the course at a race with them and was amazed at how fast the were going when they passed me being on ss. one of the things that got me into single speeding lol

·
RIDE TO LIVE
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably the crest rims. I like the weight of the race rims however and I only weigh 140lbs so I may go that way if the are burly enough for regular trail duty.

I like the profile of the Crest rim and the weight is very respectable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am looking forward to hearing your experiences with the dropout. I am a SS rookie. i have had my SS superfly a few rides now and each time i tension the chain and cinch it all down, then take off and ride, the chain is looser in just a few minutes. it does not seem to progress, but just won't stay tight like it is after i retension it. i ended up jacking up the nut/bolt with the various efforts at getting it to stay put. fortunately, i was able to get equivalent stainless hardware at ACE--the new one has a slightly wider nut as well, which gives a couple more threads of purchase and still clears the hub. Any bright ideas on this problem? Seems like just making it tighter is not the solution.

·
RIDE TO LIVE
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you saying that the threaded adjusters are backing off causing the chain to loosen by sliding forward?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts