Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 29" er crew!

Yesterday, in the Pan Am Games 2009 in Chile, Gary Fisher riders Sam Schultz and Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski does an amazing race.

They achieved the 2º and 3º place in the XC pro race.

It was a hard race, with tough climbs and dangerous descents, the 29" was awesome race machines!

After the race, i asked to Sam Schultz about his 29" er bike, and he tell`s me : " This bike Rock`s, man!!!"

Here are some pictures from the race

Greetings from Santiago de Chile and the "Locos Nineros", comprende?!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting that they're both running RS up front. Wonder if they got G2 offset on those or if they're stock '09 RS offset?
Nice to see 29ers podium at that level.

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
R. Fink said:
Interesting that they're both running RS up front. Wonder if they got G2 offset on those or if they're stock '09 RS offset?
Nice to see 29ers podium at that level.
They've always run the RS up front - team sponsor. Prior to the 09s - the Reba's had the G2 sticker on the lower right leg. AFAIK - the 09s are just one offset. Matto will know for sure.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
last I read, Reba's were also made in G2, specially for Fisher and/or the race team.

Still, a fitter kiddywheeler won it?

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Thanks for the report and news of the 29ers doing so good. Got any pics of the course? I'm just curious because those tyres look like what I might consider a good commuter tyre :eek: Man I didn't know they ran semi slicks :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
GreenLightGo said:
They've always run the RS up front - team sponsor. Prior to the 09s - the Reba's had the G2 sticker on the lower right leg. AFAIK - the 09s are just one offset. Matto will know for sure.
Hi!

A picture of the Reba Fork and Bontrager wheel!

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
More Photos!

Yes, the Colombian Rider, Fabio Castañeda, won the PanAm in a carbon Bianchi Otzi (beautiful bike :) )

Here we go with more picture from the Race!

Attachments

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Beautiful looking trails!

Those XR1's look like they have acceptable volume to them.

G

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
LyNx said:
Thanks for the report and news of the 29ers doing so good. Got any pics of the course? I'm just curious because those tyres look like what I might consider a good commuter tyre :eek: Man I didn't know they ran semi slicks :D
Get yourself a pair of Crows and see the light.:D :D

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
:D LMAO :D Been there, seen them, ask "Wow, you sure they'll work on that course?" reply, "Sure I used them a month ago in the 50 miler, they worked great!" :skep: Let's just say they didn't work so well and the persons race was over before they hit the 20 mile mark, I'll stick to my CrossMark/Ignitor combo for enduro races and know I'll have great traction, ccornering and decent enough RR to not crash easily ;)

BruceBrown said:
Get yourself a pair of Crows and see the light.:D :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
xr1's

are ridiculously fast! You could definitely commute on them. I ran them tubeless as well with 28-30psi. I weigh 175 and they were perfect. Those conditions looked ideal too..dry!

Sweet pics!

Brent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts