Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Martini, I overlooked your earlier post before I posted it again, sorry!

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
No they don't. That purple is the shiznit! I'd rather NOT have a flashy bike, thankyouverymuch.

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Yup...

~martini~ said:
No they don't. That purple is the shiznit! I'd rather NOT have a flashy bike, thankyouverymuch.
That thing is gorgeous, way nicer looking than the current fisher's. And purple is the new pink.

I'm buying one for sure.

B

·
College
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't know, that color doesn't appeal to me. Is that a good price though, 800? The fork is likely on the cheaper side of things and there are no shifters or derailleurs. The frame and diisc brakes do make this an attrative buy though.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
It's their Platinum series alu, which is pretty high-end (best they got), and quite light. These '05 models ahve a thinner seat tube, back to the retro 31.8 so our nice 27.2 (suspension) posts will fit straight in. The thinner tubes may improve the alu ride a bit, too.
The fork is a 3-piece Bontrager. Not as expensive to make as a suspension fork, but may wel turn out a great ride, being some 470mm long.
Check the full specs. A Bontrager SS rear hub, SS cranks, Mustang rims (not cheap aftermarket), it's a pretty decent package. It won't be Fisher's most expensive offering, but it looks they're pretty proud of it already.
I think we should applaud Fisher, after being the first to offer 29" bikes globally, now to be the first to offer an affordable complete EBB SS bike. I predict this bike will introduce/convert thousands of riders world-wide to both SS and 29".

And yes, I, too, need one. I already have a perfectly fine Karate Monkey and a SuperCal29, but this little thing seems to have a sence of flair I can't resist. My bike collection can use something purple.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh... Oh... Oh...

does someone have a hand towel
Let's see...

Rig - shop discount + race Xlite bars + race Xlite stem + race Xlite seat post + xtr cranks and bottom bracket = ???

um yeah, this will be cheap.

·
minister of chaos
312 Posts
donkey said:
That thing is gorgeous, way nicer looking than the current fisher's. And purple is the new pink.

I'm buying one for sure.

B
I thought orange was the new pink? Or was pink the new orange, which would make purple the old green.

Frank

·
Registered
847 Posts
"there are no shifters or derailleurs"

Yeah, that will likely make it difficult to convert to a SS.

Heh, I like it.

b12yan88 said:
Don't know, that color doesn't appeal to me. Is that a good price though, 800? The fork is likely on the cheaper side of things and there are no shifters or derailleurs. The frame and diisc brakes do make this an attrative buy though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts