Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post. My question is this frame has a EBB does this mean a bmx BB will fit. I want the spine centered with a fit in BB. I have this idea of putting on a set of Profile cranks and ditching the Bontrager GXP. I have had a life long obsession with Profile cranks. Im also tinkering with the idea of a 26 front and 24 rear wheel setup, i'd like to raise the front a tad. Any on the EBB would be great i did a search but didnt find anything. Thanks

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
Hmm... I've never tried to put an American BB in an EBB shell, but I my gut reaction is no. A Euro BB in the EBB insert should work just fine though. Not sure what you mean by raising the front. Higher bars? Slacker head angle? Several different good solutions for those questions, but putting a 24" rear wheel on 26" bike isn't one of them.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
More fork?

I've installed a 120 fork on my Ferrous to mimmic the head angle of my beloved 5 Spot and to add more cushion for my often injured shoulders and wrists, it has made the bike so much better for my riding style/physical limitations and has made me comfortable enough to make the 2 longest, steepest climbs I have ever managed on a SS. for whatever reason I am 100% more comfortable out of the saddle with this configuration. Even with the 5.25 lb frame and a 120 fork it weighs a workable 23.25 lbs.
As for the cranks, can't you just run the Profile mountain cranks in the EBB?

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slowrider said:
I've installed a 120 fork on my Ferrous to mimmic the head angle of my beloved 5 Spot and to add more cushion for my often injured shoulders and wrists, it has made the bike so much better for my riding style/physical limitations and has made me comfortable enough to make the 2 longest, steepest climbs I have ever managed on a SS. for whatever reason I am 100% more comfortable out of the saddle with this configuration.
As for the cranks, can't you just run the Profile mountain cranks in the EBB?
Your bike has a nice stance to it. I want to do the same thing in a way except i want to lower the rear. Thats why i wanted to try a 24in rim to get more of steep angle. The frame is the 19 and its border line to big im 5.11. The reason i want to change out the BB is to use it on another bike. So i guess i thought the shell was bigger then it must be the old standerd. Im really thinking about selling the frame, but I want another ferrous 17.5.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Carefull

That will lower the center of gravity nicely but even with my 120 fork on the front the pedals are only 5 5/8" off the ground which would be about 4 3/4" at the bottom of the stroke with a 24 out back, yours would be even lower and may cause some pedal strike issues. It'll handle great though. Have fun.

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
The EBB is a much bigger shell than any standard thread in BB. You can't take the EBB out and put in a BMX BB. You need to have an EBB shell in there no matter what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.