Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a chainstay protector, was dreaming about buying a SF 100 (Not going to happen $$$) but noticed they had some pretty sweet chainstay protectors. Does anyone know if you can get these aftermarket and if so, from where?

I gave it a good look around on the web, my next call would be LBS / GF Dealer.....

·
Registered
935 Posts
I dont see where you can get the hard plastic ones. I see where you can get bontrager ones but they are pretty much the same as the ones that Lizard Skin offers. You might have your local dealer call and ask.

·
Sweeper
1,025 Posts
The CS protector on the Fly 100 and Hi-Fi are a velcro type protector with some added rubber in spots.

They cannot be sourced from dealers not unless they choose to take one of a bike to sell to a person.

In this case I do have an extra that is brand new, never installed. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
previously contacted Fisher about these

I had previously contacted Fisher about these and this was the response I received back:

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately we don't have the GF chainstay
protectors available for aftermarket sale right now, this may change in
the future, but they just come on some of our full-suspension models and
I don't have any extra's to send out.

Thanks and have a great day.

Ride on,

Eric Keen|Fisher and Trek Bicycle Corporation | Technical Service|801 W.
Madison St. Waterloo,WI 53594

Nice thing was the response was less than 12 hours after I sent it - impressive for a big company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.