Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the 07 supercaliber which is the same frame as the caliber I weigh 230 with gear and I have not felt any flex. My bike is the 21inch I switched from the giant trance and will never go back to a 26er. I only ride cross country with the biggest drop being 3 ft. I ride about 4 to six times a week about 10 months out of the year.Bottom line is I love my supercaliber it handles great and climbs better than any bike I have owned or demoed.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Also have the Supercal size LG. Ride XC..no jumps really but technical tight trails. It really is a great bike with no noticeable flex. Climbs great. The single pivot suspension handles bumps very well. Fit is spot on for me. 6-2 185.
Since fork and shock on the Caliber are similar, I think you will like it.
G

·
Only dead people are old
730 Posts
kbell said:
Anyone have one?

How is it?

Flexy?
I have a Supercal also and I think it is the best all day bike I've been on. The frame does have some flex compared to my Lenz. I find the flex in the Supercal a good thing and believe it makes the ride even better. Other single pivot frames I've been on in the past were similar. (BTW I'm 150 lbs and a tad over 5'8"). You need to ride one to understand how good the ride is.

·
Registered
258 Posts
obviously some folks love their's, but I did notice flex on my supercal. It was a nice plush ride, but the flex and the long wheelbase made twisty singletrack a chore. Of course, this is just me - may be the perfect bike for you. Ride before you buy.

·
more love, less attitude
74 Posts
XL Cal29

The only significant flex I have noticed on my XL Caliber29 is when I push sideways on the rear end of the rear tire the frame and wheel flex quite a bit more than on my 26" steel hardtail. What does that have to do with how it rides? Maybe nothing. It does not flex under pedaling any more than my steel hardtail (I am 6'5", 220 lb). This is a big, comfortable, and very fast bike. I ride better on it in all terrains, but maybe that is because I never found a 26" bike that fit me this well. I second the suggestion that a thorough test ride is in order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.