Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really really want to get my hands on a pair of long pull 2/3x11 speed Gevenalle 'Brifters' but they seem to have problems keeping everything stocked up, causing me to look at normal Tektro brake levers and bar-end shifters for my Fargo in process, does anybody on the USA side of the pond have experience with them?

·
since 4/10/2009
34,623 Posts
i really really want to get my hands on a pair of long pull 2/3x11 speed Gevenalle 'Brifters' but they seem to have problems keeping everything stocked up, causing me to look at normal Tektro brake levers and bar-end shifters for my Fargo in process, does anybody on the USA side of the pond have experience with them?
I've got the 10spd GX Gevenalle brifters (and before these, I had the 1x10 version). Mine are earlier ones where the brake levers can be set up for both long pull AND short pull brakes. I looked recently, and it appears they don't do that anymore. You can pry them from my cold, dead hands. I've had them for...almost 4yrs now, iirc.

DSCF2673 by Nate, on Flickr

They're not quite as precise as Shimano or SRAM brifters and the positioning of the shifter makes it hard to shift from the drops. And even then, only a couple of gear combos are really accessible from there. These things are meant to be used more or less straight up from the hoods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.