Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
memento mori
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Gettysburg for a week this summer,looking to ride.Whats my best bet?Road or mountian?FWIW I'm a 34 yr old expert on mountian,cat 3-4-ish type roadie.Thanks from a visiting Mass-hole:D

·
my church is the woods
1,066 Posts
mountain!!

you have to bring your mountain bike, without a doubt! Gettysburg is very close to Michaux State Forest witch holds some of the best mountain biking opportunities in the eastern US.
you could check out the maps for the 3 different races . or find some riders willing to show you around. Unless your not into rocky technical terrain with lungbuster climbs and sweet enduro singletrack, then bring your road bike.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I ride my Road Bike from Wilkes-Barre to Gettysburg each year and it;s a great ride, however if you're just going down for a few days, take the Mt. Bike and ride the trails, there're awsome!!
Being on a road bike during the tourist season thru Gettysburg is klike taking your life in your own hands!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.