Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased wheels with 819's. During shipping, the company installed tubes in the tire which came pre-installed on the rim.

The 819 instructions specifically say not to use any tire tools for the installation or removal of tires. The problem is, I can't rip the F*****g tires off the rim by hand that are on there now to remove the tubes and properly install the tire tubless. I broke the bead of the tire off of the outer groove and had the bead seated loosely in the center of the rim. I just cant seem to get the lip of the bead over the outside of the rim. Any tips?

BTY, I am trying to rip off 2.35 Kendas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
smith001 said:
I recently purchased wheels with 819's. During shipping, the company installed tubes in the tire which came pre-installed on the rim.

The 819 instructions specifically say not to use any tire tools for the installation or removal of tires. The problem is, I can't rip the F*****g tires off the rim by hand that are on there now to remove the tubes and properly install the tire tubless. I broke the bead of the tire off of the outer groove and had the bead seated loosely in the center of the rim. I just cant seem to get the lip of the bead over the outside of the rim. Any tips?

BTY, I am trying to rip off 2.35 Kendas.

Thanks!
I wouldn't use tire levers on a UST tire, but I have used them on regular tires to take them off my 819s. I don't believe it's an issue.

Having said that. With a little practice, you should be able to remove almost any tire without levers. I've gotten very good at it and haven't used levers in months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.