Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size is right for me? I'm male, 5'9, 185 pounds, 31" inseam, 32" waist, 34" sleeve, 17" neck, 42R Jacket, Size 9 1/2" shoe. Currently ride a Medium 2002 Cannondale Jekyll, which seems to fit great.

Also, which shock? I'm torn between the RP3 and the Fox Float R. The website makes it seem like the Float R is custom tuned where all the other shocks are not. I called Fox and the sales person said that the Float R is basically the RP3 set in the middle setting - is this correct? I do not imagine messing too much with the platform setting.

thanks!
 

·
ಠ_ಠ
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From Titus...

"I think you are probably going to be happiest on the size medium. But I'd compare top tube lengths with what you are riding. Measure them as though they were level with the ground (effective top tube length). As for the shock, the Float R works really well. And it is basicly the RP3 in the middle setting.

Thanks,

Eric @ Titus"

So Medium then. I guess I'm going with the Fox Float R. Do you guys who have the RP3 change the platform setting all that often? I just don't want to regret me choice...

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
dulyebr said:
So Medium then. I guess I'm going with the Fox Float R. Do you guys who have the RP3 change the platform setting all that often? I just don't want to regret me choice...

Thanks
Well I just got my first ride in today and was really digging the way it rode in the plush mode; it pedaled more efficiently than I expected. I haven't tried the low or high Pro-Pedal mode yet. I'm going to experiment a little more this weekend. The high pro-pedal mode would probably be great for long fire road climbs though.
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
Ski-U-Mah said:
Well I just got my first ride in today and was really digging the way it rode in the plush mode; it pedaled more efficiently than I expected. I haven't tried the low or high Pro-Pedal mode yet. I'm going to experiment a little more this weekend. The high pro-pedal mode would probably be great for long fire road climbs though.
Most of the time, I leave my RP3 in middle setting and kind of forget about it. It's kind of nice to have the ability to change settings between gnarly downhills and long fireroads climbs, but it's not a requirement. Then again dulyebr, with all the money you're about to spend on your bike, what's another $110? :)
 

·
ಠ_ಠ
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

zorg said:
Most of the time, I leave my RP3 in middle setting and kind of forget about it. It's kind of nice to have the ability to change settings between gnarly downhills and long fireroads climbs, but it's not a requirement. Then again dulyebr, with all the money you're about to spend on your bike, what's another $110? :)
Thanks, I can't argue with logic like that. I'd rather never use it then have an ounce of regret.

thanks!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top